Yield: 4 Servings
Prep time: 15 MINUTES
Cook time: 30 MINUTES
Total time: 45 MINUTES
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boness pork loin, diced
- 1 med spanish onion
- 1 fresh serrano or jalepeno
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 palmful ground cumin (2 tbsp)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 10 to 12 tomatillos
- 1/2 fresh lime
- 2 to 3 stems fresh oregano
- 4 to 6 stems fresh thyme
- 2 cans (14 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cans white kernel corn, drained, or 3 ears fresh corn, scraped from the cob
- Toppings: broken tortilla chip pieces and Mr. B's Habanero Amber Glaze
- In a large, heavy pot, coated lightly w/ olive oil, brown the pork over medium high heat. When the pork is brown, after 5 or 6 mins, add onion, serrano or jalapeno and garlic. Reduce heat to medium and let it hang out another 5 or 6 mins until the onions become translucent. Add cumin and salt and pepper.
- Whil the pork and onion are cooking process the tomatillos, the juice of the 1/2 lime, and the oregano and thyme leaves in a food processor until it has reached a salsa-like consistency. Dump this into the stewpot and cook for 2 - 3 mins before adding the next ingredients.
- Stir in the chiken broth and the drained corn. Heat stew through.
- Serve w/ broken tortilla chips on top, and drizzle Mr. B's Habanero Amber Glaze on top of chips!
* This is a Rachel Ray 30 Minute Recipe with a Mr. B's twist!