Submitted by Elise
Serving Size: 2 skewers per serving
Recipe is for 2 servings, multiply as needed.
4 skewers (if they are wood, soak for 30 minutes in water)
4 slices of bacon
1 lb. chicken, boneless skinless thighs are nice and moist
1/2 sweet onion, cut into chunks then separated into slices
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
1/2 jar Mr. B’s Habanero Amber Pepper Glaze
1/2 jar Mr. B’s Honey Brown Beer Glaze
1. Cut meat into 1-2 inch cubes.
2. Place sauce into a zip top bag and add chicken chunks.
3. Remove most of the air and zip closed.
4. Place In fridge overnight.
5. Start each skewer by first adding a pepper slice and then an onion slice.
6. Add one end of a strip of bacon (one per skewer). Do “NOT” move the bacon down the skewer. You need to move it only far enough to get another ingredient on so it will be tightly woven.
7. Add the chicken then move down slightly and add pineapple, onion and pepper.
8. Gently stretch the bacon and run the skewer thru it a second time.
9. Continue with chicken, onions, pineapple and pepper, weaving one strip of bacon every 2 item or so.
10. Heat your grill to 300 at most.
11. Place skewers on the grill and cook slowly to make sure the bacon and chicken are both cooked completely.
12. Baste with fresh Mr. B’s Habanera Amber Pepper Glaze, as the skewers are cooking.