Submitted by - Melissa J.
1. 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2. 1/2 pound lean ground turkey (or 90/10 ground beef or ground deer)
3. 3/4 teaspoon salt (preferably kosher)
4. 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
5. 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
6. 1 tablespoon cumin powder
7. 2 medium carrots, diced
8. 1 medium yellow onion, diced
9. 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
10. 16 oz. Ghost Cherry Gold Pepper Glaze
11. 2 cup of water
12. 2 bay leaves
13. 1 can (15 ounces) white beans (such as cannellini or navy), rinsed and drained
Combine first 6 ingredients, sauté over medium heat until turkey is completely cooked.
In medium stock pot, combine remaining ingredients, add cooked turkey, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cook on medium/low for an hour or until ingredients have thickened – stir occasionally
Top with the following options
Nonfat plain Greek yogurt (optional)
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)